Well in about half an hour I will clean a hostel for the last time and then Amy and I will get on a bus back to Auckland. We have about 24 hours in the city - just enough time to rearrange our luggage and see how much space is left for souvenirs.
Leaving New Zealand will be very strange. After being here for so long it's hard to imagine not ever coming back, but it's such a remote country that I also can't imagine spending the time or money to come back to a place I've already been when there are so many places in the world I haven't seen yet.
I hope I do come back some day though. I have only been on four of the nine Great Walks; I haven't been to Stewart Island, and there are parts of the North Island I never made it to. I could definitely fill at least one summer (probably a lot more) visiting the sights we missed this time around.
This year (well 10 months, but that's pretty close) has been a great experience, and I'm sure that as I get home and unpack and arrange my pictures I'll really begin to realize just how great it was. But for now, I must say to anyone reading (even though I'm not really sure if anyone other than my mom and grandma read this) come visit New Zealand. It's gorgeous and an easy place to travel in. You'll love it.
I don't know if I'll post again from Auckland, but if not, thanks for reading about my adventures.
Cheers,
Jaci
6 months ago
2 comments:
Thanks for being disciplined about posting on this blog. It's great for people at home to read an exciting article every few days.
I have absolutely enjoyed living vicariously through you and all your adventures ... but I'm also glad you're home! Call me if you come through here!
Post a Comment