I seem to have this personality quirk (just a quirk, mind you, not a flaw) that makes it very difficult for me to be excited about anything that everyone around me thinks is great, especially places. I never even thought to like Oregon until I moved to Texas. And it took me four years of living in Texas to admit that I might possibly like "the state that could be its own country." But by the time I figured that out, I moved to New Zealand, where I didn't know anyone so my personality quirk wasn't an issue.
So now I live in Colorado, and everyone here loves it, especially the mountains. And I don't blame them. The mountains are gorgeous, and it's sunny all the time. I really should love it here too. But I have trouble admitting that. So my new project is to keep track of the things I like about living here now rather than after I move away.
I like (in no particular order and to be continued at random):
Waking up and looking out my window to see a blue sky and Pikes Peak
Snow on a fairly regular basis, even if the roads are icy
My own warm, cozy bed
My roommates
Living near a brand-new Super Target
Thunder storms every night in the summer
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment