I guess it's a bit of a cliche now to title my post with a song lyric, but this one is so true. I bought my plane ticket to New Zealand on Tuesday, which means I am for sure, definitely going to move across the globe to a country I've never been to before.
I'm kind of terrified. But I am also so excited I can hardly stand it.
I can't wait to begin learning a new city, searching for a church, meeting my neighbors and claiming a favorite bookstore. I look forward to having friends with fun accents — right now I can't really even imagine having a new group of friends, but I suppose (and hope) that I will.
Which brings me to the terrified part. Seriously, I think I must have lost my mind. I could so easily stay in Abilene, live in my cozy house, pay ridiculously cheap rent and have fun with my friends who will still be here.
I've been wondering lately why I am going to New Zealand, and I really don't know why. Most likely, I think it's because I don't know what else to do, and New Zealand seems pretty cool. I have no idea what will happen in my year there, but if I never try, I'll never know. Right?
That's why I'm going.
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment