Sunday, April 16, 2006

From here you can almost see the sea

Right before leaving for Easter break, I got my New Zealand visa. I am now official. A travel book and a pamphlet of helpful tips came along with it and will come in quite handy.

I had a conversation with a friend about holidays in New Zealand. Doesn't it seem weird to have Halloween in the spring and Easter in the fall? I just don't think I can comprehend it until I experience it.

My trip to the beach was nice. I got a little bit sunburned, but not too bad. My four roommates and I attended a sunrise Easter service on the beach this morning. I hate waking up early, but I do love seeing the morning turn to day, especially on the water, where the world lights up as soon as the sun breaks through the morning clouds and reflects off the waves. Maybe next year I'll get to see that more often, since Auckland is basically surrounded by ocean.

Also, I like attending church on the beach. It's nice to be able to play in the sand with your toes while your mind wanders. And singing about God's glory while seeing waves break, one after the other, over and over again, is a great way to start the week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»