Friday, June 16, 2006

lemon-berry cream slush

We have a Sonic here now, yay! But it closes at 10 p.m.; what's the deal with that? The funny thing about a Sonic in Oregon is that people just don't get it. My friends just don't understand why you would want to stay in your car and eat. They keep asking me, "You mean none of them have dining rooms?" and I say, "no. They don't."

But of course, once they get there and order and begin to comprehend the greatness of Sonic, they stop asking logistical questions and begin asking about the menu. "So what is an Ocean Water? Is it salty?" "What's the difference between a cream slush and a regular slushy?"

I have to admit, I enjoy being the all-knowledgeable Sonic connoisseur because I remember asking all those questions my freshman year and being met with incredulous stares from my friends who had been eating there for their whole lives.

So the other night, at about 9:45 p.m., my friends and I drove up and ordered. When we were about half way finished with out drinks, they decided they wanted to try more stuff, so we went through another round of orders, managing to try a pretty big percentage of the menu and driving the poor carhops crazy.
With Sonic, any night can be fun.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I miss Sonic. :(