Tuesday, October 17, 2006

gilmore girls

Yesterday I arrived home from work to be greeted by a very giddy Amy. She had received the first two episodes of the new season (which doesn't start until January here) of Gilmore Girls in the mail, and she was ready to watch them.
So after dinner, we settled down in front of my computer, which was perched on our trash can in our bedroom, and got ready to be transported to Stars Hollow.
Unfortunately my computer would not cooperate.
So I walked down to the common room (where the internet connection works) and tried to download the latest version of my software. But that didn't work. Neither did several other things I tried.
Eventually, a few of the guys in the room noticed we were having some problems, and being typical guys, they decided they would fix it.
But they couldn't.
Instead, one guy got the CDs to play on his computer, and another one brought a monitor down to the common room, and we all watched the episodes together with the group of people who had been in the room.
Although I'm quite annoyed that my computer was being difficult, it was really nice to watch the episodes with so many people, which the way Amy and I always watched them back home. It really made this bizarre house feel more like home, especially as we shared our candy, explained some plot background and gasped at new developments with those around us.
Even with all its downfalls, TV really has a way of bringing people together.

2 comments:

Sarah Cornett said...

So yesterday I was reading about the episodes on the WB website and I really want to start watching that show again!

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! There has been glimpses of what you would call "a home" at Aurora Estate and it's so precious! I loved coming home to the suprise of seeing about 10 smiles glowing out of the darkness of our living room!