The celebration of the anniversary of my birth began at work Friday. Since New Zealand had a national holiday Monday, my coworkers decided to celebrate my birthday early with a surprise birthday tea (here, tea basically mean any meal or snack, not literally drinking tea). As my boss had me update and print out the team’s action log, everyone was setting up the meeting room for my surprise. They all brought different kinds of New Zealand candy and food – like sausage rolls, party pies, L&P soft drink, Cadbury chocolates, chocolate pineapple bits, jaffas and much more. My boss even baked a Pavlova (basically meringue and cream) cake with kiwi fruit on top. It was pretty difficult to concentrate the rest of the day after all that sugar. Luckily, Amy and I had asked to get off early, and we spent the afternoon and evening at Island Bay, which was gorgeous.

Amy and I managed to have a nice weekend despite the constant rain and on Monday, we had a great day of birthday fun, which began with Amy’s gift to me of a cute and trendy summer dress and ended with a dinner party at our flat with some of our new friends. I made fajitas and Amy made a chocolate cake. After dinner we went to Life Group, and Greer and Sophie had also made me a chocolate cake, which was just as delicious as the first one.


All in all it was a pretty good day, especially since I had the day off work and I got to hang out with my new friends.
1 comment:
That last photo is the cutest photo ever. I like your dress. And jacket. And your hair - it looks great. Aw, I miss Jaci. Glad you had a fun birthday!
Post a Comment