Last night, my office had "team-building drinks" after work for everyone to get to know each other better because we all work on a project that recently began. After the drinks, members of one of team, mostly made up of foreigners from Bali, Australia, Singapore, and the US who work for an IT company, decided to go out and find some good steak. They invited the rest of us along, and when I made up an excuse involving Amy, told me to caller her and invite her to join us. And Amy and I don't turn down free food.
We found a small steakhouse and got drinks while waiting for a table. Eventually we sat down, and Amy and I were taken aback when we opened up our menus and saw that the cheapest meal cost $30. However, we were told to get whatever we wanted - so we did.
After eating our dinner, which arrived at about 9 p.m., everyone ordered tea and coffee.
By the time we left the restaurant at 11 p.m., I'm sure the bill had to be at least $600, but that didn't faze any of them a bit. Apparently spending $600 for a dinner is acceptable in the IT world.
If I understood anything about IT, I think that would be a good industry to get into.
6 months ago
1 comment:
I hear MT is equally lucrative. And teaching at risk youth.
Post a Comment